The effects of arthritis can be devastating on all types of animals especially dogs and cats whilst also affecting a large proportion of horses as well. These are all animals that are kept privately by individuals and looking after them can be extremely costly especially as the disease progresses. Metacam for Dogs which is also available for cats and horses is one of the top brands on the market for helping with easing the pain and discomfort caused from arthritis. There are also other more natural methods you can use to help combat the disease.
One of the most effective ways of treating arthritis is to put your animal on a diet. Most pets put on weight due to the disease because they are not as active as before.
- This actually puts more pressure on the joints because they are heavier therefore causing them more discomfort.
- By putting them on a diet you can also choose specially tailored foods that will give them all of the supplements like omega and glucosamine they need for healthy joints.
- Also with a reduction in weight they will feel less lethargic and be more responsive to treatment and further decrease the effects of joint stiffness.
- Your pet will also look healthier and you will also be lowering the risk of bringing up any other related conditions.
If you are not sure what type of foods you should give your pet, you can always get advice from a vet. They can recommend the right diets for your particular species and breed taking into account their age, size and weight. A vet is also able to prescribe strong drugs like Rimadyl which are particularly suited to dogs.
If you are a horse owner then you may want a more powerful arthritis drug that will help with inflammatory muscles and joints whilst limiting the amount of pain at the same time. Pro-Dynam has a proven track record in this field and is used by many horse owners.
For a healthier animal it is advisable that you put them on a diet as soon as possible as this will not only give them the nutrients they need but also make it easier for them to move around and enjoy their daily routine.
- How Dog Clubs Protect Breeds - May 24, 2023
- Things to Buy Before Bringing a Puppy Home: Essential Checklist - May 24, 2023
- What Foods Should Dogs With Tumors Not Eat? - May 14, 2023