Due to numerous medical and therapeutic advantages presented by cannabidiol (CBD), it’s undeniably reproduced largely into different forms of products today. CBD is famously known for its absence of large amounts of THC, which is accounted for the euphoric sensation during consumption. This makes CBD friendly and safe for every member of the family. Aside from your relatives and friends, it turns out your best companion – your dogs – can also take CBD.
Whenever your canine friend is suffering from pain, Holistapet CBD oils and tinctures can offer great help in relieving these health symptoms and conditions.Here are a couple of reasons why you should use CBD oil for your dog whenever they’re in pain:
Easy and Hassle-Free Consumption
To sneak in a few drops of CBD oil into your dog’s system, you can try a few ways that are hassle-free and won’t cost you much stress. If you’re not sure how to give CBD oil to your pet, you can try these methods:
- Direct sublingual consumption: Just like how you would normally apply CBD oil, through the sublingual application, obtain a few drops of CBD oil and squeeze the dropper as close to the back of their mouths without choking your pet.
The recommended dosage of CBD oil for your dog is 1 to 5 milligrams per 10 pounds of body weight.
- Mix it with food and treats: In manufactured and ready-made foods, such as dog treats, peanut butter, and your usual meal servings, place an appropriate amount of CBD oil. You can start with small doses and work your way up.
Make sure to mix the CBD oil thoroughly on your dog’s meal.
Relieves Stress and Anxiety
Dogs have extremely keen senses, making them sensitive to the slightest smell, sound, and movement. While these are beneficial for their survival, these amplified senses make them prone to phobias, stress, and anxiety. But, you can help your dog relieve emotional and mental pain through CBD oil.
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is responsible for many bodily functions in dogs, even humans, such as mood, appetite, sleep, among others. When your dog’s ECS isn’t at equilibrium, one of consequences are stress and agitation.
When CBD oil is placed in different parts of the body, especially those with cannabinoid receptors, it interacts with the ECS and induces the release of feel-good chemicals known as serotonin. Thus, next time your dog feels stressed, drop some CBD oil through a sublingual application to immediately witness its effects.
Usually, dogs experience inflammation due to arthritis, a condition that usually occurs in aging dogs. While there are numerous medications for arthritis in dogs, these drugs can have minimal to worse side effects, ranging from diarrhea and seizures.
For an all-natural, supplement-free, and non-psychoactive alternative, including CBD oil in your dog’s system is a great relief for pain and inflammation. It can further relieve other symptoms, like stress, which has been already discussed.
Though conventional drugs and CBD oils both induce drowsiness among dogs, CBD oils derived from cannabis plants don’t have the brain fog effect that alters the mental condition of dogs, unlike pharmaceutical ones.
Boosts Appetite and Relieves Nausea
CBD oils as appetite stimulants deliver an effective boost of appetite among canines. When dogs are usually sick, they tend to have a lousy appetite, which can have short-term and long-term consequences.
If your dog is not eating well due to illnesses and even nausea, CBD is your best companion during these situations. Though illnesses are the most common reasons for loss of appetite, make sure to consult your veterinarian as your furry friend can’t speak for itself.
As previously connected with the endocannabinoid system, CBD oils can stimulate your dog’s mood and hunger into eating. Also, when CBD oil binds with the cannabinoid receptors, your dog’s hypothalamus becomes triggered to release the motivation and reward system into eating their food.
Since not all CBD oils are made exactly the same, high-quality CBD oils offer the best pain relief for your furry friends.
When choosing the best CBD oils, you can follow these guidelines and tips:
- 100% organic: Your CBD oil must be entirely derived from cannabis plants with no fungicides, pesticides, and solvents.
- The pricier, the better: When choosing a CBD oil for your dog, don’t cheap out on generic CBD oils. Instead, invest in pure and high-quality oils that often comes with a heftier tag.
- Have it analyzed: To ensure that you’re spending money on the right product, check if the expensive CBD oil really proves its claims through getting a lab analysis of its contents, especially the CBD content.
CBD’s increasing popularity comes more responsibility in producing and utilizing CBD products into people’s daily use. If you can use CBD oil for yourself, family, and friends, why not include it into your dog’s health routine? In this way, you’re not only opting for the best natural option as possible, but also leaning towards all-in-one health benefits, like those mentioned above.
Before including CBD oil in your dog’s system, don’t forget to see your veterinarian first to prevent worse health symptoms.
- Encouraging Your Dog to Eat Slowly - November 17, 2023
- Exploring the Pros and Cons of Pet Relocation Services - November 8, 2023
- The Best Walks and Hikes in Maryland for You and Your Dog - November 6, 2023