Everyone loves their dogs to constantly remain in a friendly mood. No one loves a dog that snaps at its owner or visitors after a few moments of having a good time together. Dog owners are often worried when their favorite pet displays symptoms of aggression. This often leads dog owners to search for a remedy to get their great friend back. Are you in this position? Have you heard about the many benefits of CBD that have left you wondering if it can help in treating aggression in your dog? The simplest answer is yes, It can! In this post, we will take you through a quick process of using CBD to treat dogs with aggression issues.
Dogs with Canine Agression
You may be wondering what has come over you dog that it is making it behave so aggressively. The truth is that canine aggression is a behavioral issue that can happen with any dog. So, to keep the answer simple, it has very little to do with the personality of your dog. A few symptoms of canine aggression in dogs are; baring teeth, growling, nipping at other animals, people or yourself, growling, and snarling. All these symptoms may indicate that your favorite pet is having a behavioral issue. Dogs with aggression problems can quickly become dangerous and violent. A playful experience can switch to a violent one in a few seconds. Hence, the need to quickly identify the problem and handle it immediately.
Identifying the Cause of the Aggression Symptoms in Your Dog
The first step to helping your dog out is identifying the source of the aggression. This may seem like a difficult thing to do, however, most dogs with behavioral issues are often reacting to something specific. For instance, friendly dogs often react when they are around kids while others may only react around new faces. Click this link to get more info about CBD.
Some other common types of canine aggression in dogs are;
- Aggression Related to Pain: Physical pain is a common cause of aggression in any animal and your dog is not exempted from this.
- Aggression Caused by Fear: Most dogs often react to feeling afraid or threatened.
- Aggression Caused by The Obligation of Protecting Loved Ones: There is a great chance that your dog will become aggressive when it encounters something or someone that it considers a threat.
- Aggression Caused by Sexual Urge: Male dogs will do anything when competing to sway a female dog.
- Medical Issues: Some underlying medical issues like encephalitis, brain tumours, hypothyroidism, neurological issues, and epilepsy may also be responsible for the aggression that your dog exhibits.
It is imperative that you take your dog to the vet for a proper examination.
How CBD Can Help Dogs with Aggression
It is possible that you already know the many advantages of CBD. However, the question remains how can it help cure your dog of aggression? Here are a few suggestions:
- Treating Stress, Emotion, and Mood: The body produces some chemicals collectively called endocannabinoids. It is believed that these substances help in regulating different body functions that influence behavior. The body mainly produces two cannabinoids, namely 2-AG and Anandamide. The body only produces these substances as the need arises. CBD bypasses the cannabinoid receptors. It indirectly stimulates the endocannabinoid system through different molecular pathways. There are approximately 60 pathways that CBD uses to trigger the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system helps in managing responses, moods, and emotions. This implies that CBD can regulate neurotransmitter activities to reduce aggression in dogs.
- Enhancing Neurotransmitter Activities: A large number of studies have indicated that the level of serotonin in the brain can be enhanced by CBD. It does so by triggering particular serotonin receptors known as 5-HT1A receptors. Research indicates that CBD has access to enhance the signalling of glutamate and serotonin by triggering these receptors. Most anxiolytics and antidepressant prescriptions function by enhancing the activities of serotonin. The reason for this is that mood and emotional effects are regulated by the levels of serotonin produced by the body. On the other hand, enhancing the activities of glutamate helps in enhancing memory, alertness, and focus.
CBD can also help regulate the anandamide levels in your dog. This means that the stress level of your dog can be significantly reduced by using CBD. This helps in significantly reducing aggression in your dog.
- How Dog Clubs Protect Breeds - May 24, 2023
- Things to Buy Before Bringing a Puppy Home: Essential Checklist - May 24, 2023
- What Foods Should Dogs With Tumors Not Eat? - May 14, 2023