Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD is one of the two major components of the chemical composition of the cannabis plant. It is found in all cannabis species and unlike its counterpart, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it is not psychoactive in nature. The structure of CBD is indeed similar to that of THC and it can bind to the cannabinoid receptors of the brain, but its effect hugely varies. For one, CBD alone cannot produce the euphoric high that the cannabis plant is so much associated with.
CBD is not only non-addictive and non-psychotropic but also very helpful, at least to humans. It is noted that CBD is capable of creating several wondrous effects on the human body. It relaxes both the mind and the body and eases pain, muscle soreness, and the likes. CBD also is responsible for elevating the alertness in a person. It is very helpful in burning fats and is, therefore, a masterful companion for those who are working out to get a lean, muscular body. One of the most recent discoveries shows its inclination to help cure cancer. The thing is, it’s a wonderful effect on the human body that has initiated a lot of pet lovers to try CBD on their pets.
This naturally obtained chemical found in all parts of the cannabis plant, especially the leaves is known to relieve anxiety. Oftentimes it may so happen that your pets, especially if you have a cat, can get anxiety attacks. These are solemn times for your pets and the anxious feeling creeps into the surrounding from them. You would surely like to give your pets a good, happy time and help them out when they are feeling anxious. CBD is an amazing substance that can help in this aspect. Be sure to purchase your CBD from trusted vendors such as IHF LLC, as, if you get THC along with CBD, it can prove to be disastrous.
Every cat in the world has a unique physical make up which in turn affects their mental capabilities. In simpler terms, this means that no two cats can be expected to behave similarly to CBD. Different members of the feline family will show different effects upon treated with the same dose of CBD. One should also remember that CBD can help your feline friends to feel better temporarily and not cure the conditions bothering them completely. At times, the effects of CBD are that of a suppressant and it just allows your cat to feel good for a certain period. It may not be a definitive cure and if you see your cat still suffering after administering CBD, it is time to take it to the vet.
According to Petlifetoday.com, “One of the most important things to remember while administering CBD oil to your cat is the dosage. Dosage is a matter of extraordinary importance both during human consumption as well as for humans. In fact, in the case of cats, which are lower organisms compared to humans, the dosage is all the more important. One wrong (higher than required) dosage can prove to be very fatal for your cat as it can affect the liver and kidneys directly. It is better to consult your vet and read the instructions on the pack of CBD oil with great care before giving it to your pets. It is also wise to remember that though CBD can help your anxious cat to get by; the cannabis plant itself is poisonous for cats and should be kept far away from them.”
CBD binds with the cannabinoid receptors in the brain and plays an important role in maintaining the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is responsible for regulating such bodily functions as sleep, immunity, appetite and so on. CBD, especially in the form of concentrated oils have a significant role in the actions of the ECS, thus producing its brand of effects without the high. Cats are also mammals like humans, and thus posses a similar ECS. The cannabidiol reacts with their cannabinoid receptors thus helping them out in times of grave need.
HOW CBD HELPS YOUR CAT
- Pain Relief: A cat can come up with a lot of afflictions that can cause them immense discomfort in the form of pain and swelling. Arthritis, pancreatitis, intestinal infections, nerve-related pain issues can all benefit from CBD oil by a reduction in the pain. It should be remembered that CBD only relieves the pain and the diseases require proper medication for treatment.
- Mood Altering: Cats are extremely susceptible to mood swings. The mood is controlled by the ECS and hence using CBD oil in such cases can help alleviate your cat’s mood by a great deal.
- A Helpful Hand during Seizures: Seizures are caused in both humans and cats because of fluctuations in the electrical signals of the brain. CBD can reduce the number of electrical responses fired by neurons, thus reducing the overall possibility of fluctuations. This is turn can control and reduce the onset of seizures in felines, though it cannot completely cure it.
- Shinier, Healthier Coat: CBD oil can have a terrific effect on the fur of a cat. Its effects are positive on the human skin and this property extends over to the cats. CBD can make their coats softer, shinier and overall better.
The only caution to maintain when you are thinking of administering CBD oil to your cats is the dosage. CBD can cause sedative effects on your pet and you should keep an eye out for that. Improper dosage can also lead to nausea, vomiting, change in appetite but these are mild conditions and not generally seen. Be sure to consult your vet before you start giving your cat CBD.
- 6 Ways to Groom a Golden Retriever - December 29, 2022
- What does CBD Oil do for Dogs? - December 22, 2022
- When Dogs Die, Do Other Dogs Know? - December 17, 2022