Kratom, also called Mitragynine Speciosa, is a plant found in Southeast Asian countries. The plant is considered to be a sibling to the coffee plant, belonging to the Rubiaceae family. The plant is found majorly in the jungles of Thailand, which is also where it originated. Some of the other countries where the plant is found include Papua New- Guinea, Myanmar, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
When it comes to being the largest exporter of kratom, Indonesia tops the list in the world. Since the Kratom 2486 Act, 1943, it has become illegal for people to consume, use, and carry kratom in Thailand.
The herb is known for providing several psychoactive and medicinal benefits, mainly because it brings calming and uplifting changes after consumption. The dosage will determine the effects, which vary from low to high doses. As the plant has 25 alkaloids, the plant will offer medicinal as well as psychoactive effects. The most common alkaloids present in the plant are 7-hydroxygynine and mitragynine.
Kratom for Pets
If you are thinking of giving kratom to your pet, you don’t have to worry much. Kratom is known to help pets ace gracefully and also help them deal with joint pain, anxiety disorders, and muscle pains. Before getting a little deeper into the topics, let’s understand the work kratom does.
Kratom is considered to be one of the potent analgesics because it helps alleviate suffering and aching. There are plenty of benefits offered by kratom. If taken in lower doses, it acts as an energy stimulant. In large quantities, it can have sedative-like effects. People also consider it to be a herbal medicine. Because of its divine benefits, kratom has become extremely popular among people. If you intend to purchase some, you can visit trusted sites such as https://thegoldenmonk.com.
Another reason why people favour it is because it is 100% natural and does not create adverse reactions like other scientific medications do. People have been using kratom for a while, but when it comes to pets, some might seem skeptical. User reviews have shown a lot of positivity. They say that kratom can help in dealing with different kinds of issues. Let’s discuss some of the critical advantages of administering kratom to pets.
- Chronic Pain – You cannot stop your pet from aging. With time, your pet might have to deal with joint inflammation, which will make it extremely difficult for him/her to walk. Your pet might also experience chronic pains that it makes their walk slower and weaker. Sometimes, they remain confined in one position. They might also not be able to stand still for a couple of minutes at a stretch. By administering kratom, your pet will get will the strength to walk without experiencing any pain or strain. It is considered to be a miraculous benefit of kratom, mainly because it doesn’t result in harsh side effects.
- Cancer – Cancer isn’t just for humans because your pet could also suffer from such a fatal disease. If you want your pet to avoid developing such a disease, you could protect them by administering kratom. Many studies were able to show that kratom reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- Anxiety – Anxiety is considered to be a psychological condition that could result in significant amounts of distress in pets. Kratom is known for offering anti-anxiety effects. Of you see your pet behaving strangely or restlessly, you could try giving him/her kratom to provide relief. Accident injuries are known to also result in anxiety disorder. In such cases, it could act as an anti-anxiety medication and a pain reliever.
- Appetite – Diet is an extremely essential factor that you cannot compromise as a pet owner. If you feed kratom to your pet, you will not have to worry about his/her appetite and hunger. Your pet won’t be refusing to eat because kratom is known to affect your pet’s appetite positively. If you see that your pet is avoiding food, you can try administering kratom to him/her.
- Energy Stimulant – Pets, especially dogs and cats, require a lot of energy to function daily. Kratom is not a pain-relieving medication but can also be a powerful energy stimulant. If you give kratom to a pet who is aging, you will see that their energy is back on track, and they are performing activities with a lot of enthusiasm. It is natural to lose energy with age, but kratom will help in fulfilling the gap to a certain extent.
Best Strains of Kratom
As you can see, kratom can provide plenty of benefits to pets. If you are thinking of getting some for your dog, let’s go through some of the popular strains that you should try.
- Maeng D Kratom – The name has been taken from a local Thai language. It is one of the most prominent strains of kratom all over the globe. You can administer this strain for energy stimulation and alleviating excessive pains.
- Green Malay Kratom – It is another powerful strain that is found in Malaysia. It is considered to be a superior strain and can provide pain relief to pets, along with treating conditions like sleeplessness, lack of energy, anxiety, and so on.
- Bali Kratom – The strain is found in Bali, a region in Indonesia. It is also quite useful because it helps in dealing with muscle or body pains.
Kratom can be pretty useful for pets. However, it is better to consult a vet before administering it. You can also talk to the vet about the dosage for specific effects on the body.