What if there’s a tincture that you can buy for your dog Lassie, and it will change her life for the better? Fortunately, there is CBD oil that can do this for you. Read more about the benefits of CBD in this link here.
Many owners realize that their pet dogs can be the best of their friends. They don’t complain, they love unconditionally, and they are entertaining. It is only reasonable to give them the care that they deserve in times of sickness.
As bad as this sounds, dogs are also prone to diseases. They can experience diabetes, glaucoma, cancer, and other illnesses that make them vulnerable. With this said, there’s a medicine that can work like a miracle giving your beloved dog a chance to recover.
Many people rely on CBD or cannabidiol oil. But before you give this to your pet in the form of tinctures or treats, it is best if you understand its benefits and what it does to their bodies.
What is CBD?
Unlike what many people believed, hemp, which is the plant where marijuana comes from, is not bad if you use it in the right way. You can get extracts from hemp, which include tetrahydrocannabinol or the psychoactive compound, which makes users experience a “high” and the cannabidiol, which is used in many medical illnesses.
Cannabidiol is extracted using a different method, which includes the use of carbon dioxide. Since CBD does not have any toxicity levels, you won’t likely overdose your pet when you give them the supplement.
The Benefits to your Pet
- The supplement helps prevent arthritis in many animals. This is because the CBD oil acts on the endocannabinoid system or ECS, which controls pain receptors and other sensations of the body. There can be reduced swelling and inflammation, which leads to pain relief.
- Many pet owners have seen the help of cannabidiol in reducing the risk and severity of seizures with their pets.
- It helps fight against cancer and its symptoms. Some reported that the tincture helps fight the growth of cell tumors in the body and improves the reproduction of healthy cells instead.
- Many have already proven that cannabidiol can reduce anxiety on their pet dogs. You can read more about organic products that can help reduce anxieties in this link here: https://www.holistapet.com/. Since the ECS is affected, your pet can experience a calming effect, which is beneficial to him.
- When using the oil to your pet, you may also see an increase in appetite. If you notice that Lassie had a hard time swallowing the food previously, you may want to see if a few drops will help her get the treats down quickly.
How to Find the Right Cannabidiol
Choose a Full Spectrum Product
CBD naturally occurs in cannabis and hemp. You need to look at products that have less than 0.03 percent of THC so that even if your pet ingests it, it won’t make them aggressive or high. You can look at the labels that guarantee a full spectrum. This means that your dogs will ingest a tincture that has pain-killing properties, anti-inflammatory properties, and other essential cannabinoids.
Choose the Right Extraction Process
The extraction process matters because you need to have the right concentration to boost medical benefits. The most popular extraction methods are CO2 and solvent extraction. CO2 extraction can be more expensive, but this means that the CBD has a higher concentration. In this method, the hemp is put inside a chamber that has carbon dioxide. The CO2 will put a strain on the whole plant, and the result is oil extracts.
In solvent extractions, it can be a cheaper way because it uses propane, butane, and other petroleum products. But the downside is that the solvents will leave a residue in the resulting oil, which can be harmful when ingested. Some manufacturers may use organic solvents such as olive oil or ethanol, but they can damage the hemp’s wax. The result of the damaged wax is that the resulting CBD may not be as effective. It is best if you prefer products made from CO2 extractions, but if you choose solvent extractions, make sure to consult your vet first.
Look for Analysis Certificates
Analysis Certificates are reports that came from other laboratories to ensure that the product is safe. They will state the type and the quantity of the cannabinoids in the final product. Some batches have their certificates, and this can be a guarantee that you are buying high-quality oils.
What you can check in the certificate is if the CBD is a full spectrum or not. You should ensure that the THC is not over 0.03%. Check for the amount of CBD on the label, not the percentage of hemp present. Check and make sure that a third-party laboratory has done tests that will guarantee that the oil is safe to use.